It’s a gray day in Albuquerque. We don’t have many of those. It’s usually cause for great celebration because we need the moisture that gray clouds provide. Still, I miss the light. Light changes everything. In fact, I find this gray day renewing my gratitude for the life light brings. And as we worship together in this extended season of Epiphany, the season of light, I find it renewing my gratitude for the ultimate, infinite light shone by, in and through Christ.
Again this Sunday, we’ll hear from Jesus’ teachings. Our lives will be illuminated by a series of parables through which Jesus describes what the kingdom of heaven is like. But today, with gray all around, I couldn’t help thinking of all the ways Jesus shined his light on me this week. Below are a just a few moments. If you reflected on your week, where would you see Christ’s light shining on you? With whom will you share it?
- Playing Battleship with my son at 6 a.m.
- Participating in a bible study filled with laughter
- The privilege of being invited into a hospital room for prayer and conversation
- Learning decaf coffee isn’t so bad now that I’m old enough that I can’t drink caffeine after 3:00 and still get to sleep at night
- Sharing a time of vulnerability over a cup of tea
- Filling out a Valentine card for a man who has loved and supported me for 17 years, and receiving one from him
- Being moved to tears by a co-worker (Barbara is AMAZING!) who cleaned up a heap of trash outside the church all by herself because I wasn’t feeling well
- Serving alongside people of great faith and courage who show love for me and my whole family daily
Let it shine!
See you Sunday…